.
GTA 4 | Game GTA Grand Theft Auto IV 4 | Multiplayer Game | Xbox 360 | PlayStation 3
.

Wednesday, August 8, 2007

GTA IV 4 - PS3 or Xbox 360?



GTA IV 4 - PS3 or Xbox 360?

A big factor in the purchase of electronics is price, and you'll need to spend some cash to be able to play Grand Theft Auto IV when it releases for the PS3 and Xbox 360 early next year. Not only will the Microsoft drop its Xbox 360 price within the next few hours, but you also have the opportunity to get a brand new PlayStation 3 for $349.99. To get this price, you must order the PlayStation 3 at Sony.com and buy it with a Sony card that you must apply and be approved for. Once approved, you get a $150 credit to your Sony card account within 8-12 weeks, thus dropping the current 60GB PS3 price from the already, yet only temporary, dropped $500 price tag down to $350. For a full explanation of this, go here.

Also, as you may have heard, the Xbox 360 premium bundle will now be dropped to $350 (August 8). The elite bundle will now be $450. I do not recommend the core bundle. I own a premium system, and all has worked correctly with it for the past few months. There are hardware problems with many of the Xbox 360's that are currently out in homes across the world, but I'm confident in my warranty that Microsoft recently extended to three years.

Just as a note, I plan on buying a PlayStation 3 if Blu-ray ends up "winning" over HD DVD. Also, I have received many e-mails about what kind of HDTV would be good to buy. People seem to be unsure of what to look for. A lot of different aspects and specifications need to be looked at when buying a HDTV, and trusting in-store employees to get your information is usually not wise. I might do an article on HDTV buying tips in the future, but for now I will tell you that I bought this Samsung television for GTA IV and other entertainment purposes.

By Jordan (GameSpy)



1 comment:

Unknown said...

"but I'm confident in my warranty that Microsoft recently extended to three years."
Dude... don't you know that your "extended warrenty" only covers the "red light crash"? Do you think that is the only problem the xbox has? Your a reporter, do some digging to find out... I know I ended up paying for getting my xbox fixed and I am still waiting for it to come back... the warrenty didn't do me any good. I didn't get the "red light crash"